The Machinima Masters category is by invite only and new entrants are decided upon by those who are already considered Masters. The Masters compete against each other in their own category. It’s kind of a “Hall of Fame” type category as we feel these are the machinimators that go above and beyond in making machinima and their work could be considered “masterpieces”. It is our hope that they will serve as an inspiration to everyone who participates at SimsFilmFest.
What makes a Machinima Master?
The staff has debated this behind the scenes for quite some time, so here are some of the main things we have decided make a Master:
- Previous machinimas that make us say “wow” and are a true inspiration to us;
- Excellence in editing skills including film editing (music, sound, voice, and video);
- Interesting and unique camera work;
- Good lighting techniques when filming in-game;
- Attention to detail in set design and wardrobe;
- Interesting and unique story lines;
- While special effects are not a necessity, if they are used they are used with top notch skill.
How are Machinima Masters chosen?
A number of seasons back a strict process was put in place to ensure that Masters were chosen fairly.
- First time entrants are not eligible for Masters. This rule was put in place to ensure that directors can continue to produce the same quality machinima.
- Masters are nominated and chosen by those who are already in the Masters category.
- Everyone is judged based on their own technical and creative merit and not against each other.
- There is no set number of Masters that are chosen each season. There are no “empty spots” as it were. Some seasons will see more Masters than others based on the entries received.
- Sylent Whysper – USA – The Lonely One Part 1 / Part 2
- Faalq – Argentina – Unforgivable – Episode 1
- SS Productions – U.K – Emperor of Evil – Episode 1
- Bzanna – USA – Irreversible
- Eggzie – USA – Geeknapped
- Fadhil Yudhawanto – Indonesia – Tonight With Part 1 / Part 2
- Berrie Pie (Berrysweetbotique) – USA – Reflections Of…
- Jinja Ninja – New Zealand – Aiken the Tree Boy
- Lyramiamovies – Germany – The Banshee
- Winndy – Germany – Should I Forgive
- Nanami – Mexico – Pray
- Charismatic 789 – UK – The Wedding
- Brainstrip (formerly FA Productions) – Argentina – NEON Part 1 / Part 2 / Part 3
- Cloudwalker – USA – Psycho-Thriller
- Apocalyptic Dog Films – USA – Tripping
- OMG! That Girl is Psycho – USA – Nightmares and Lullabies
- DNL Films – Portugal – Otherworld Part 2
- Promdiva24 (aka SimsDiva24) – USA – Doppelganger
- 1992Vanity – Germany – Sleeping Beauty
- TheElonianCass – Portugal – Hollow Tower
- WhiteBlueCherry – USA – The Merman
- Ansett4Sims (Formerly RomerJon) – Australia – Everything Has Changed
- TwistTVShow – USA – Life’s a Beach: The Movie
- Grey Lee Studios – USA – Cinder
- Julielux – Germany – Bring Me Back to Life
- The Sims 3 Music Videos – Canada – Super Bad
- Marty Dawson – USA – Regarding the Dreams of Lisa Centry
- Insirum – USA – So Happy I Could Die
- PikunMei – Germany – Desire
- Manigma95 – Germany – Guard Vampire
- Anzcherry – Germany – Words Unspoken
- Jorgha Haq – USA – Zombie Creek
- Sims Berrry – Slovenia – H.O.P.E.
- Bodyrock – Germany – Ballistic: Marksman vs Hitman
- Majestic Films – USA – Sharp Keys
- Sadistic Siren – Canada – End of Rights
- Maot Productions – Philippines – Marry You
- Tickled007 – Philippines – Marry Me
- MGH Productions – Guam – Reincarnation of a Vampire